Sunday, December 18, 2011

Good Things

I am home from the hospital and doing well.

Surgery was successful in removing All The Things from my abdomen. According to my doctor, aside from my weight, I am in good health.

A few things that occurred to me at 5:00am while debating whether or not to wake Larry to bring me pain meds:

1. Crying, like laughing and farting, uses abdominal muscles.
2. When one cries with a sore abdomen one sounds like a beached whale.
3. When one laughs with a sore abdomen one sounds like a beached whale.
4. I never looked at pooping as an all encompassing life goal before.
5. Getting your panties in a twist is not as fun as it sounds and harder to fix when you can't lift your butt.
6. Life is good.
7. I have amazing friends and family.
8. I am looking forward to the coming year.

I have also been working on making other lists, project wise. I have some ideas on where I want to start in the next few weeks. I will write on that later this week as I improve in my ability to sit up for longer periods of time.

Yakira

No comments: