Thursday, September 10, 2009

So, You Ask

Why didn't I write yesterday after adamantly proclaiming I was going to start writing every day to rebuild my writing habit?

I was busy. Really.

Today was the deadline for numbers to get to the accountant for the fellow I work for.

I do have some good news. Remember when I said in about a week I was going to start walking at 7:00 so we didn't have to drag HRH with us? Well we decided to start yesterday. We walked our normal route and what took us almost 40 minutes with a five year old took us a little over 20 without her.

After that I sat at my computer most of the day arguing with Quick Books and fighting with a slow connection to the server so I could get stuff done. I didn't get up until right before dinner time. I made dinner, cleaned up from dinner, bathed a 5 year old, put a 5 year old to bed and sat back down at my computer. We had everything as cleaned up as it was going to get at about 9:00 last night and off it went this morning to the accountant. I hate doing shoddy work but there was a lot to go through. I did my best in the time allotted.

Larry and I watched Devil's Advocate last night. Creepy movie. Fun but creepy.

We walked again today. Two days in a row. And I spent money today. Not on fun stuff. I bought paper goods for the Bar Mitzvah at BJ's then I went to the market and bought all my meats for Rosh HaShana and the Bar Mitzvah.

I wanna buy yarn not chicken!

This weeks recipe:

Yakira's Challah

7+ C flour
2 1/4 C warm water
2 packets yeast
1/2 C sugar
2 Tbs salt
3 eggs
1/4 C oil

I use my stand mixer for this recipe. My mixer has a 4qt. bowl. Pour yeast sugar and water into bowl. Let sit for a minute or three while it bubbles. Add 6 C flour, salt, eggs and oil. Turn mixer on low. Slowly add 7th C flour. Keep more ready in case the dough needs more flour. Depending on humidity you may need to add up to a whole C of flour. The dough will be sticky but will hold it's shape. Let the mixer run on low for about 4 minutes to knead the dough. Move dough to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a towel to rise for about 2 hours. Divide in thirds and braid loaves. Let rise another half hour. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


No comments: