Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Challenge

Yom Tov is over even though the Sukkah is still standing. We didn't get it down before the rain hit us. Yesterday was the first full day without rain, today it is supposed to be sunny and in the 70's. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same. Everything should be dry by then, so tomorrow we raize the Sukkah. Raize, reminds me of Clinton and his whole 'it takes a village to raise a child.' I used to say, "It takes my children to raize a village." I crack myself up.

So here's the challenge, it's called 'Pantry Shopping.' For the next two weeks I am challenging myself to live from my pantry, freezer and fridge. My goal is to cut my grocery budget in half by planning meals from what I already have. Can she do it? 'Yes she can!' Wednesday is my day to make my meal plans and shopping list. I also usually rummage around in the fridge and get rid of Shabbos leftovers and the like. So, tomorrow I will give you all my menu for the week and my proposed shopping list. As always ideas are welcome and everyone is invited to join the fun. Leave me a comment and let me know how you're doing.

Okay, business done, now for the fun. You have to see this. I made it Sunday.

It's for Rachel for Channukah. If I have time I'm going to fill it with crocheted sweets like ice cream cones, cookies and donuts. If I don't have time I'm going to the dollar store for pony tail holders, barretts and the like.

I'm off to do some laundry and of course more knitting.

Yakira

No comments: