Thursday, November 19, 2009

Time

I have to tell you this whole time changing thing knocked me flat on my arse. It's been about three weeks and I still can't fathom why it's dark at supper time. Okay, I KNOW why, I just can't convince my brain to process it. Whatever, I'll get over it, or not.

Holiday knitting is taking over my world right now. I've got something for each of the kids with two mostly finished and one going on the needles to knit while in Chicago. You've all seen the Snapdragon Tam and the Mitts to go with it. I just have to knit up the second mitt and get the finger flaps on both of them. There's also the Cupcake Purse which I'm filling with knitted and crocheted foods.

One mini cupcake down.

Meanwhile in a fit of whimsy I made this:

No, it's not a salad, it's a scarf.Yes, I have nothing better to do with my time so stop asking. I'll sell it to the highest bidder. It's 100% wool, hand wash, hand knit/crocheted, about 5' long and 6" wide and some of the yarns I dyed myself. Bidding ends December 15.

On another note, I've got three close friends who have been trying to conceive for a while now. One has had two misses. I would like to make them a 'Mommy Blanket.' I am collecting 8"x8" knit or crocheted squares from mommys and grandmothers to seam together to send to my friends. Hopefully the love and prayers from other mothers all knit into a blanket will bring them comfort and, G-d, willing their own little soul to take care of and love. If you would like to participate please email me.

We're off to Chicago next week!

Yakira

4 comments:

Gabrielle said...

so cute, I love the scarf!! I just won one like it from an etsy store!! The cupcakes are sweet too!

French Picnic said...

French Picnic is coming over to see you and let you know your creativity is wonderful. We now have the blog roll for PEAR on the left of the page over at FP. Go check out the other crafty folks and give them some comment love!

Maiden Jane said...

Saying hi from a pear! I love your banner. Cut scarf!

stephie hicks said...

I love the cupcakes! So cute!!

p.s. stopped by from PEAR!