Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Monday

Glances around shiftily.


It's been a while. It's not like I haven't wanted to write. It's been on my list of things to do. We'll talk about my lists later though.

Pesach seems to bring out the blogger in me. So do most of the other holidays that require massive amounts of preparations. My Yetzer HaRah has me by the throat. But I'm going to trick him. I'm going to do what he wants for now, but when he least expects it, I'm going to go do something productive! Like yesterday for instance. Purim was Thursday. The day after Purim is when most households typically get into gear with Pesach cleaning. I know a lot of families that start thinking about Pesach right after Channukah. For me, it's always been right after Purim. In theory anyway, good intentions and all that. What usually happens is that I get all geared up to start cleaning right after Purim but end up not really starting until Rosh Chodesh Nisan, which leaves me 14 days to get the whole house cleaned up and the kitchen turned over, which always takes longer than you think it should, which means that I don't get it done in time to get all my baking done in a reasonable time, so I end up rushing and not doing as good a job as I could have, and I end up exhausted and not able to really enjoy the holiday. Holy run-on sentences Batman. So yesterday, that's what I was talking about right? Yesterday we cleaned out the car. We emptied the trunk, we washed the windows, we vacuumed and we scrubbed. Take that Yetzer HaRah!

Speaking of scrubbing, look what I made:


I plan to make a bunch more and put them up for sale on Etsy.

No comments: