Thursday, March 15, 2012

Some Finished Stuff

I am enjoying knitting with my hand spun so much! I haven't felt the urge, no, compelling need to purchase yarn for over a year. Don't get me wrong, there are tons of lovely yarns out there calling my name, I just haven't felt the all consuming desire to own them.



This shawl was knit with a combination of hand spun and mill spun yarn. The colors in the hand spun moved so beautifully through the stripes that each row was a delight to knit. I knit this in record time, less than three weeks. Then it sat for three months, still on the needles, because I ran out of hand spun yarn. And all it took was about 20 minutes of spinning and another 20 minutes of knitting to get the damn thing bound off. Go figure.  It's done now and too lovely for words. I've listed it for sale in our Etsy store so go take a peek. There are more pictures there too.


In a fit of whimsy, I crafted a jellyfish with some scraps of hand spun I had leftover from other projects. I fulled it in the washing machine and it turned out totally adorable, if jellyfish can be called adorable. It's also listed for sale on Etsy.



Black lace, who doesn't love black lace? It's feminine and sexy and just a bit naughty. The yarn is from Dream in Color. If anyone wants to gift yarn to me, these are the folks to get it from. There is not a single base of yarn or a single color of theirs that I do not love. This is also for sale.


No comments: