Thursday, May 7, 2009

Procrastination is makin' me wait... makin' me wait...

Today is the first morning since I've started building my habit of writing daily that I've no idea what to write about. I will just plow through anyway and if I wander you'll know why.

I got a little weeding done yesterday but it was just too damp to do too much. Everything is doing well so I just got the bigger, most annoying weeds out of the garden. Mother's day is supposed to be sunny I should be able to get out there on Sunday. I still have some planting to do too.

Flylady's zone for the week is the kitchen. I've been doing pretty well on that front. The dishes are getting done every night, mostly. The counters are decluttered and wiped down. The fridge was cleaned out. I need to scrub my stove top, that's what I'll probably do today.

I didn't do too much knitting yesterday. I've been going through some of my plastic bins in the basement. I found a few projects I never finished for one reason or another. One is a sweater I made for Chana when she was about 8. That was 5 years ago. The sweater is done it just needs to be blocked and have buttons sewn on. Why didn't I finish? Two reasons/excuses: I was pregnant with Rachel and I hadn't learned how to block a sweater. I'll get the sweater on the blocking board by the end of this week and I'll take Rachel button shopping next week and she will have a brand new dressy cardigan.

I also found a sweater that I had started at least two years before that one. Back when I was learning how to make short rows, decreases and increases. I never finished it because I had made so many mistakes that I got frustrated. I ripped the sweater yesterday and salvaged the yarn. I put it in a zipper bag with the pattern and when I finish my purple socks I will make the sweater for Rachel for next winter.

I've kinda stalled on my Etsy campaign. Partly because I've got a lot of stunning things to sell but they all need something. None of them are finished. They either need ends woven in, to be blocked, handles sewn on, finishing embroidery, fringe tied on, ironing, washing... I should start a Procrastinators anonymous group. I'll do that later. I'm frustrated. I think I'll apply Flylady to this project and use my timer. You can do anything for 15 minutes, she says.

Rachel is sitting behind me watching Sesame Street. Am I the only one who finds Elmo's voice irritating?

Larry has started blogging again, inspired by me. We've both got these grand plans and I'm actually getting excited about things. I finally feel like there's a real possibility that I may reach some of my goals. We'll keep an eye on Larry's blog and once I've got this habit thing down I may just start a companion blog to his as we're working on the same projects. Baby steps, baby steps...

Yakira

"I have learned that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau.

No comments: